Diversity is a beautiful force that should be celebrated. The world would remain static if we all had the same beliefs and feelings. Diversity of thought is what drives progress in business, society and life. That’s why Zebra strives to create a more inclusive and diverse workplace culture.
Each person’s unique background and experience informs their perspective on a problem. And we’re in the business of solving problems for our customers. When employees can come to work as their authentic selves – welcomed with genuine respect and support – they know they can share insights or provide recommendations without judgement. They can also challenge each other to look at situations in a different way to improve outcomes.
In other words, championing inclusion and diversity (I&D) in the workplace helps us grow toward greater and more meaningful results. But it does so much more than that.
I recently sat down with Therese Van Ryne to provide an update on the specific actions Zebra has focused on in the past three months to help diversify our workforce and further strengthen Zebra’s culture. We discussed…
- the importance of allowing safe spaces for conversations and amplifying diverse voices.
- how “bias busters” can help foster an equitable talent acquisition process.
- how our partnerships with diverse organizations build upon sustainable, meaningful relationships between the company and the community.
- how Business Roundtable helps Zebra elevate I&D in the hiring and onboarding process.
- why locally relevant, authentic I&D initiatives are particularly powerful globally.
- how to support leaders and managers on our collective mission to overcome challenges.
- how to spark a human-centric approach to establish more inclusive environments.
Tune into our 15-minute conversation now: