Improved customer service and reduced costs helping Doddle realize ambitious goal of 500 new locations.
BOURNE END, UK – Feb. 8, 2018 – Zebra Technologies Corporation (NASDAQ: ZBRA), the market leader in rugged mobile computers, barcode scanners and barcode printers enhanced with software and services to enable real-time enterprise visibility, announced today that Doddle Parcel Services Limited, the UK’s leading provider of click & collect services, is using Zebra solutions as a key driver of its rapid UK expansion. Employees are using Zebra TC70, TC51 handheld computers and GK420D desktop printers to efficiently track and map the full click & collect journey for customer packages, improving the speed and ease of customer service at a lower cost.
By switching from fixed Point of Sale (PoS) systems to Zebra’s handheld mobile computers, Doddle has shortened the lead time to open a new location from days to hours. The cost and time savings gained by switching to Zebra’s mobile technology has become an integral part in helping Doddle pursue its goal to double its UK footprint to 1,000 locations by the end of 2018.
- In transitioning its technology from on-premises solutions to a purely mobile environment, Doddle needed to reduce its store footprint from, from 12,000 square feet to as little as 78 square feet. Zebra’s mobile solution was essential to slashing its hardware footprint.
- This reduction has served to shorten the lead time required to open a new location from days to a matter of a few hours, reducing IT capital expenditure by up to 50% requiring no fixed hardware.
- The intuitive Zebra TC70 and TC51 mobile computers require minimal staff training for Doddle employees and its concession partners, which include the charity Cancer Research UK and the supermarket chain, Morrisons.
- When loaded with Doddle’s own software, the devices track parcels from arrival to collection at the Doddle pickup point, connecting wirelessly to the Doddle system and notifying customers. The real-time efficiency of this process enables a faster turnaround time and a seamless customer experience.
- If parcels are missing barcodes, staff can now immediately use the devices’ image recognition technology to identify the customer via their unique Doddle ID, eliminating the need for manual database searches. This has reduced the time needed for parcel collection.
- Zebra GK420D desktop printers are used to print any address labels and other documentation needed to accompany any parcels.
Gary O’Connor, CTO, Doddle
“Click & collect is the fastest growing fulfillment method in the UK; its customers buy more frequently, spend more on average and are very loyal. As such, demand for our service is high and we are due to open up to 500 further locations before the end of 2018. With the new mobile technology we have in place – exclusively provided by Zebra – we can get new stores up and running within a matter of hours. This gives our teams the flexibility to serve customers quickly and efficiently.”
Jason Harvey, Vice President Sales Northern Europe, Zebra Technologies
“Doddle is an exciting business which is moving quickly to address the growing consumer demand for fast, convenient receipt of online purchases. Its focus on speed, efficiency and a scalable solution to meet its ambitious targets made Zebra’s devices a perfect fit. We are thrilled that Zebra’s solutions will be used to help drive the expansion of the ‘Powered by Doddle’ click & collect solution, through 2018 and beyond.”
With the unparalleled operational visibility Zebra (NASDAQ: ZBRA) provides, enterprises become as smart and connected as the world we live in. Real-time information – gleaned from visionary solutions including hardware, software and services – give organisations the competitive edge they need to simplify operations, know more about their businesses and customers and empower their mobile workers to succeed in today’s data-centric world. For more information, visit www.zebra.com or sign up for our news alerts. Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook.
Tel +33 620992 425
ZEBRA and the stylized Zebra head are trademarks of ZIH Corp., registered in many jurisdictions worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2018 ZIH Corp. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.